The Santa Fe Trail Center Museum & Research Library (SFTC), owned and operated by the Fort Larned Historical Society (FLHS), seeks a dynamic, self-motivated director with a passion for history, education, and community. The Museum Director will lead the SFTC in day-to-day museum activities, strategic long range planning, program development, and more. Furthermore, the director will guide the FLHS fundraising efforts and build strong relationships with donors and Board Members. Additional duties will include collections oversight, exhibitions, education activities, publications, and representing the society as the public spokesperson.
- Organizational Development and Strategic Planning
- Membership and Resource Development
- Office and Day-to-Day Administration
- All aspects of Event Coordination
- Management of Museum Employees and Volunteers
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Museum Studies, History, Nonprofit Management, Philanthropic Studies, or related field. Additionally, candidates will have demonstrated experience in fundraising and grant writing in the museum field.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Superior Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Museum Experience
- Financial and Business Acumen
- Innovative Thinking
- Strong Organizational Abilities
- Managerial Experience in the Nonprofit World
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Familiarity with Quick Books and PastPerfect Recommended.
To learn more about this regional nonprofit, educational organization dedicated to the preservation, promotion, and protection of the Santa Fe Trail and Pawnee County please visit https://santafetrailcenter.org/employment.
Salary Range: $25,000 to $30,000 depending on education and experience. Includes the use of an attached 2-bedroom apartment. Occupants act as onsite security.
To apply please submit cover letter, resume or CV, and three professional references to email@example.com or mail to Santa Fe Trail Center Museum, Attn: Bev Howell, 1349 K-156 Hwy, Larned, KS. 67550.